Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Day 26: Finally getting the hang of it

Today the girls and I went downtown and everything went right. I know. Can you believe it?

I paid more for premium coffee and canned tomatoes, but I might have done that even with a car. I bought about 10 items from five different, local stores, including a place called Budget Liquor that has a decent wine selection, despite its name.

We went to the library, where I got several books for Carolyn and a Pooh video. We got ice cream. We only needed to apologize once on the bus.

Figures. Just a few days left and I’m finally getting the hang of this.

3 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Alotta Errata said...

Will you continue to post after the experiment ends? Do you think now that you're starting to get the hang of it, you'll continue using public transportation instead of the car?

I decided yesterday to talk a walk of my own, down to the nearby natural food store. It's only half a mile, but what an experience. You notice so much more when you're walking.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Isn't that the truth. I'm always finding out interesting little things walking, or taking the bus.
I won't be posting every day, but I am going to do a month with just one family car. If that works out, we'll sell our second car.

Good for you in your walking. I wish I had a natural food store nearby. All I have is a gas station that sells potato chips, beer and cigarettes. OK. They also sell milk and bread, but still...

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Alotta Errata said...

i have a dairy queen that is walking distance. and several liquor stores. So I guess it depends on what kind of mood I'm in. Organic Veggie Chips or Banana Split and Beer...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home