Saturday, July 29, 2006

Day 28: Help!

I went into the downtown bike shop to see how much it would cost to get something to run errands with the girls. They guy said I could get a bike for about $200 (fine) but that the carrier for my daughters on the back of the bike is really hard to find, and if I can find one, it'll be expensive.

That seems unlikely to me. With the internet and all, is it really that hard to find one of these things. The guy wasn't super helpful, so now I'm thinking there's a specific kind of carrier I need but I'm not so sure. He did tell me seats are out, but not why.

Anyway, he seemed busy.

My husband and I had another date night last night, which was kind of ruined by a stomach bug kind of thing. We came home early, catching the last bus of the night at 8:30 p.m., which I realize is a little sad.

But I can't badmouth the mode of transportation that saved us last night.

It was still more than 90 degrees outside when we got home. Stomach bug. Excessive heat.

And I thought "An Inconvenient Truth" was a little unromantic. Turns out, it was like Valentine's Day on steroids compared to last night.

1 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Thanks Eric.
That's super helpful. It's because of you and a few others that I've really given cycling as a major mode of transportation some real thought.
And hey, no worries about your lengthy comments. Some of us just have more to say :)
thanks again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home