Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Thank you Schnucks.

Finally. A grocery store is building west of Veteran's Parkway, this city's main artery for all things retail. With very little exception, it's where the good people of Normal are forced to shop. Schnucks, a St. Louis-based store, is easily the nicest of the grocery store options in Bloomington-Normal and they're coming my way!

So when I read they would build about a mile north of my house, I waited with bated breath. I waited and waited. Then I waited some more.

So now that the building is going up, I'm thrilled. It should be here by spring. What makes this extra cool is that the area has some low-cost housing very near and a lot of those people take the bus. Now, they won't have to ride across town anymore.

Super cool Schucks. Way to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home