Monday, January 29, 2007

But baby it's cold outside

Winter has given suburbia the upper hand.

Of course I'm not going to stop believing in global warming because it's cold outside (only idiots and Rush Limbaugh can pull that off), but I do have to say I've waned a little from my mission.

Cold weather. No car. These things have hastened my trip to crazyville. I've started taking Steve to work more often so I can do something other than sit at the kitchen table with a glass of red wine and my hands over my ears to quell the desire to run screaming from the house. And because of this newfound lethargy, I've started taking shortcuts to the daily feedings.

But an article in this week's New York Times Sunday Magazine has gotten me back on track. Unhappy Meals, an article by Michael Pollen, reminds me that eating food, real food, is the best way to combat illness, obesity and unsatisfying meals.

Thank you Mr. Pollen. Even the best intentioned housewife can fall off track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home