Tuesday, August 29, 2006

And here we are

The Grist story has been published. Whew. It was a long road but well worth it and I'd like to thank Grist for allowing me to tell this story.


I've been asked what I've learned from this experience and I struggle with that question. Whatever it is I take away from having two young children, riding the bus, walking and making small, daily efforts to live a more simple, less harmful life, I think it's still happening. I don't pretend to have the answers, or know that my efforts are going to make any difference in the long run, but do know I'm doing the best I can with the knowledge I have. And I try to do a little better every day.

Anyhow, thanks for reading. Take the bus. Go for a walk. Enjoy yourself.

1 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Dylan T said...

I liked your story. Good luck with your efforts to use just one car! I'm in a two-car, one-child family but I try to use the cars as little as possible.

I find that while walking is hard, and the bus is often a drag, bicycling is a blast. And as a bonus you can take your kids along easily, particularly if you have a trailer for them to ride in (it's easy to get one that fits two kids). Much cheaper than using a car, a lot healthier, and a lot easier to cover the miles than it is on foot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home