Saturday, September 02, 2006

Back To My Real Life

Now that I've returned to loading groceries into a car, things in Normal are becoming more, well, normal. The girls and I have returned to afternoons spent taking therapeutic walks to the park or wandering the library.

It's nice, this ability to stop shopping every minute of the day. Yesterday we were able to examine a spider's web and watch a bulldozer in action without my worrying that I'll need to piece together a dinner with only white rice and apple sauce.

Some of you might have been brought here from Weekend America . While I'd love for you to read every word of my long, often bitchy, blog, I'll just give you the highlights.

From the first bus trip, to the annoyance of ordinary shopping trips, to the romance of walking to the movies in the rain after a disastrous trip to Springfield, the month in July proved a car isn't always necessary, but life without it can be the tiniest bit difficult, especially when your 2-year-old has learned that protestor tactics work really, really well. Don't get me wrong, we had fun but there were things I missed, A LOT (I'm thinking of you, yoga girl).

Wow. That's it in a nutshell. The month felt a lot longer than that.

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Sure. Please e-mail me at cciwan33@yahoo.com. I'm on vacation next week, but will get back to you after that.
Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home